#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Doggy Update!

Thank you so much to everyone who offered support, emotional and otherwise. Several people reached out trying to find a safe place for Dog to stay, and happily someone in Kansas was able to take him in.

The plan is still to fly Dog to Alaska. According to weather.gov, which is what the airlines use to determine whether pets can fly, next week doesn't look promising. The Farmer's Almanac says the 13th of January is promising.

For now, Dog is staying with another Kansas family with two boys, a boxer, and plenty of peanut butter for his kong chew toy.
It seems like such a silly thing, fussing over an animal whose life span will realistically be over in less than a decade. I don't call my pets furbabies because I have kids and I feel there's a difference between my pet and my children. And I still worry for him. I hate putting Dog in a kennel because I know he'll be upset, scared, and hurt.

The Kansas family says he was a little cautious at first, but warmed up quickly to the kids and is acting clingy. Typical Dog behavior after a trip to a kennel, in my mind. He'll probably sleep under somebody's bed tonight.

To everyone else: THANK YOU.

Thank you for your support. Thank you for the emails. Thank you for the retweets. Thank you for the prayers. Thank you for the well wishes. Thank you to those amazing individuals who helped us pay the kennel fees. Thank you for being the kind of people I can go to with a problem knowing I will get support and love. You're all wonderful, fantastic, beautiful people.




1 comment:

  1. So glad he's out of the kennel, and hope it makes it home to you soon!

    ReplyDelete