#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Snow Day!

The first day at a new school... and it's canceled because it's too cold! This is a sure sign that I should pack us back up and move back to the South, right? I miss the palm trees! I miss the beaches! I miss being able to feel my toes!

*flops over dead*

I suppose I should just put my fuzzy socks on and go write. You want more books, don't you? Of course you do. *eyes books* Why do all these books have snow? What was I thinking? Was my air conditioning broken? Who wants books about snow???

... maybe I can change this to a summer book...

What are you working on while winter spins its frosty web?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the North. Where more days of school are missed due to cold weather, freezing rain warnings, snow, lots of snow, and snow, not to mention sick days from colds, than are given off for holidays.

    On the plus side, the kids get to experience snowman building, sliding, snowball fights, skating, skiing, and the appreciation of a mug of hot cocoa.

    On the minus side, there's bundling up, wet and cold clothes, snow getting down through the open spaces of jackets and boots, freezing extremities, and trudging through several feet of snow to make a path.

    But it's an experience your kids won't forget and will probably enjoy once they get used to it and have some friends to share it with.

    ReplyDelete