#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Monday, December 30, 2013

Leaving It All Behind

I'm writing this as the movers pack the last of our household goods. My computer is headed for a box in the next hour, my desktop not the laptop, and so I'm taking a couple of minutes to write the standard "What I Did This Year" post.

My big accomplishment this year was dealing with depression. Coping. Finding ways of surviving the bad days. Finally talking to my family about what was happening in my head. I started 2013 feeling very fragile, like I was moments away from breaking and losing everything, and I'm feeling much more solid now. I'm in a better place.

I published two stories this year. "Prime Sensations" was published in the anthology TALES FROM THE SFR BRIGADE and Breathless Press released EVEN VILLAINS GO TO THE MOVIES. I'm pretty proud of that. They're both fun stories that you guys seem to like. And that's the point, right?

I queried JANE DOE with mixed results. Lots of great feedback, lots of full requests... no offer of representation yet but it's still out there.

I wrote a new book this year. I'm half done with the novel LADY OF THE LAKE and I've written four different versions of Heroes and Villains Book 3. It's not the most I've ever written in a year, but between depression, edits, and life I don't think it's been bad. My rough drafts aren't as drafty as the roughs for Jane or any of the others. I think there's progress there. We'll see what my beautiful editor (I love you!) and my agent (whomever that winds up being) think.

I hit the gym a lot this year. It helps with the depression and it helps me stay grounded. I can do more pushups than ever before and I ran a six minute mile this year. You want me on your zombie-escape team now, don't you? I know you do!

So, 2013 wasn't a complete bust. It's not the best year of my life, but it wasn't the worst. On to 2014!

Happy New Year!
- Liana

No comments:

Post a Comment