#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

Hurray! It's Earth Day!

Earth Day is one of my favorite holidays. It's warm outside, there's no presents to buy or wrapping paper to waste, and it's a fabulous excuse to skive off work this afternoon to play in the garden or at the park.

I'm always willing to promote activities that mean a healthy planet, and a healthy book-buying populace, in the years to come. Sure, there's a slight touch of avarice here. I'm willing to admit that I think the human race choking to death on their own toxins would severely limit my plans to build a huge fan following and convince people to buy all my books.

Earth Day is only a little self-indulgent. Promise.

On the whole, Earth Day is a great way to celebrate our native planet, give back to the natural world around us, and enjoy all the beauty we miss when we are spending our free time in the Editing Warfare trenches.


To help you celebrate I have some Linky Love:
Are You Living Green? Quiz - It's a quiz! I love quizzes.

Recycled Tire Planter - Perfect for planting your organic garden in this spring.

Visit the Earth Day website
- Find a list of clean up activities near you, as well as ideas for going Green.


Plant a Garden
- Even small spaces can grow gardens. Worst case scenario? Grab one of those upside down tomato hangers. At least you won't have to worry about the tomato plague a la Dead Witch Walking. This is where I buy seeds.

Take a Hike - Trails.com has a list of hiking trails near you. Grab the camera, your writing notebook, and your hiking shoes. Hike it out, and stop to drink in the scenary while writing an Earth Day short. Bonus: Send me a pic of your hike and a 500 word short story, or less, by Cinco de Mayo and I'll post it on the blog.

Join the Arbor Day Foundation and Plant a Tree - Trees shade your home, meaning you spend less energy on cooling and heating. Plus, fruit trees feed you.

Gen-Engineer Your Own Plant
- All of these ideas to Sugary Sweet and not enough Bwhahahaha Mad Scientist for you? Go visit a biohacking lab and create your own carbofluren munching carnation.

2 comments:

  1. Great Earth Day post. I am following your blog now.
    Feel free to link up your post at
    http://momswearyourtees.blogspot.com/2010/04/celebrate-earth-day-all-week-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post, Liana<:

    It isn't entirely warm yet where I live, but it most definitely is spring. Birds are back. Grass is growing. The ungrateful trees raining pollen everywhere are KILLING MY EYES. *grabs visine*

    I love earth day because it means all the stores are either selling plants for very cheap, or they are giving trees away. <- More trees to add to my expanding fortress. :)

    ReplyDelete