#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Weaving It All Together


I've never been a plotter.

I've plotted books before, but usually an in-depth plot leads to me never writing the story because I'm already bored to death of the book.

And I never really worried about that. Some authors are plotters, some are pansters. Some are architects carefully building their world from the ground up, others are gardeners, planting idea seeds and watching as the beautiful blossoms grow. I'm a Weaver.

Writing JANE'S SHADOW I realize I'm writing this book like most people play jenga. Taking a piece here and moving it there. Deleting this. Adding that. Writing 20,000 words and then going back to add 10,000 here, 5,000 there, and then another 20,000 in the middle of that.

I'll get to a scene and realize I need another scene, six chapters earlier, and go back and write that so I can have the information I need for the scene I need to write seven chapters later.

As a method of writing for anyone else I'm not sure I'd recommend it. But for me, and for this book, it's working.

Now, I'm going to go hide in my writing cave, and you can look at the fun wordle and see if you can figure out the plot of Book 2. If you come up with a good idea, leave it in the comments! My editor wants a blurb by next week. LOL! So, yeah, seriously... give me a blurb for this book if you've got one.

No comments:

Post a Comment