#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Those Days When You Wake Up And Hate Everything

Last night I had an awful dream that I was stuck on a snowy mountain and everyone was talking about moving to Alaska. Dream-Me hated this. She was angry, and scared, and trying furiously escape... and then my alarm went off and I woke up in Alaska. 

Which, to be perfectly fair, is not the worst place I have ever lived. It's not on the top ten list of favorite places I've ever been, but it's certainly not the worst place in the world. My attitude is the problem. I don't like the cold and I'm really sick of winter.

And I'm down in the word mines working on Draft 2 of JANE'S SHADOW (Book 2 of the Jane Doe series). 

Draft 2 keeps shrinking. I was on target to have 40,000 words by Saturday night (half a book) and somehow I have 20,000 now because editing kills chapters. :S 

It's going to be okay... but just in case it isn't, why not list some of your favorite ways to reset your mood after you wake up on the wrong side of the bed. I could use some advice. 


2 comments:

  1. Puppy therapy works best for me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, should we compare situations? How much snow have you gotten? What has your average temperature, with and without windchill, been? Do any of the snow dumps (places where the city puts snow removed from the streets) make the snow removal machines look like toys? Little dinky toy vehicles.

    As of Mar 16th we officially had 14.5 feet of snow and our average temperature was -18 C or -0.4 F with a windchill of -37 C or -34.6 F. And I have some pictures showing one of the snow dumps with one of the huge snow plows, the type where the driver has to climb up to the compartment where he sits to drive it, looking like a tiny toy next to it and also showing people tunneling through the snow to clear their walkway or sidewalk.

    We're pretty sick of winter around here too. :)

    Good luck with the draft. Music, pet therapy, and a favorite drink/food are my cures for a bad mood.

    ReplyDelete