#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Friday, February 7, 2014

Snow days, trunk novels, and other insanity.

The kids had four days off this week because of snow. Four days of being trapped inside and trying to write with kids. It broke me.

Last night I couldn't sleep, so I was out of bed at 4am editing and writing. And twelve hours later I sent it to my betas with a query letter and asked them to decide. So... yes.

I have this gorgeous writing calendar. I have everything planned out for the next three years. Steady releases of the Heroes and Villains books (if my editor loves them). Novels going on query. Short stories... the works! And then I get blindsided by things like this. Novels I love but that I don't know if there's a market for.

I'd have to make a market for this. There isn't any debut SF with worlds like this. Not that I've seen anyway. And that could be a good thing. Or a bad thing. I'm not sure.

*sigh*

It doesn't matter. It's done and with betas and I'm going back to blowing up Chicago for Book 3. Don't worry, you're going to love it.

2 comments:

  1. *chuckles* I learned a long time ago to add in 20% additional time for any projects planned at home. Although there have been some times when delays have cost me closer to 80% additional time, mostly from me being sick.

    Have fun blowing up Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every project needs more time than anticipated. :)

      Delete