#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Into every life...

... a little rain must fall.

Or, in this case, a small monsoon with flood warnings. The difference is fairly minor on paper. When you're driving, well... let's say it was an interesting drive home last night and ignore the fact that a fifteen minute drive took an hour because I was guessing at where the street lines were under the water.

Rainstorms, much like stress, are a daily feature in this part of the world. Raindrops build into flood waters. Tiny worries become life-breaking decisions as they pile on top of each other, unresolved for want of time or resource.

September was my month of floods. Decisions made long ago, sometimes years ago, have all come to deluge of resolution this month. Little changes that could have changed the course of my life were made elsewhere, by people in suits who don't often consider the lasting implications of things they do.

I've tried to control the storm this month. It was a losing effort. There's no way to change that many resolutions to choices made so long ago by so many different people. Not even Doctor Charm's Agree-With-Me Ray can fix this mess. So, I'm weathering it out. I don't know what else to do.

Maybe I'll build a metaphorical canoe and sail away from my problems.

...

Anyways, I'm off to the writing cave. I have Book 3 to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment