#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Happiness is...

Despite being a self-proclaimed Grinch who hates the winter holidays out of sheer spite because someone put a holiday that requires me to go out and be social in the middle of the coldest part of the year (gasp!), I do try to spread some holiday cheer every now and then.

Don't laugh like that! I can be a very cheery person, especially when my arm is being twisted. In any case, sharing some love for my favorite things on the blog doesn't require me to find a jacket and freeze, and it helps boost the signal on some of my favorite artists and author. So, without further ado and no more gilding the lily, I present a list of Liana's Favorite Things in no particular order.

Liana's Favorite Things of 2012

Lackadaisy Cats - a comic strip about bootleggers in the 1920's from a talented artist who also researches the time period. I love the little asides and commentary that come with the strip.

Sherman's Lagoon - a comic strip about sharks! How could you not love it?

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries - a new find via my twin, Amy Laurens, this is one of the best retellings of Pride and Prejudice I've seen in a long time, and it's the first time I've felt any sympathy for Mr. Darcy. Instead of coming across as a spoilt brat who needs to [censored], Darcy is portrayed as a shy, compassionate introvert who's just trying to find his feet.

Head Trip - a random comic about random things including chronic illness, gaming, cats, and life in general.

Tastespotting - a collection of the best food photography, recipes, and restaurant reviews on the web. It's updated constantly and I love browsing through here for dinner ideas. Yum!

Title 2 Come and it's companion Life In Publishing - the truth is, publishing is a weird industry, we deserve our own jokes, and these two sites provide!

The Hobbit Soundtrack - have you heard it yet? It's amazing! I love THE SONG OF THE LONELY MOUNTAIN!

Wildflowers Photography - I love browsing her pictures for inspiration. There are so many cute ideas here, I wish I could do them all. 



What are some of your favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment