#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Best Twitter Comment Ever!



I regularly prowl Twitter for proper nouns when writing the first draft of my novel. Most times the names get changed, but every now and then something makes it all the way to the final draft and I realize I've slipped in a nod to my friends.

As of draft nine for JANE DOE there are several of these little nods. The titles of the books in one scenes are taken from a conversation with my writing group, one of the characters mentioned in the last chapter is named after a friend on Twitter, and the Misakat Award that a scientists brags about having won is also named after two friends who were brainstorming with me during that scene.

If the names survive until the book hits the shelves I will definitely have to buy them "I Survived A Liana Brooks Novel!" t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment