#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Random... updates and other fun stuff


Another "quick" doctor's visit turned into a six hour marathon. It's funny how the doctor keeps insisting I need to watch my iron levels because I'm anemic, but keeps demanding more blood work. The end conclusion was that baby and I are both healthy. I'm no longer running, but I'm not on bed rest, and once I kick the cold I'll be doing some modified training for the Tough Mudder (with no plans to run it this year for obvious reasons).

Baby Girl will probably arrive at the end of January. I'll have some guest posts up and probably take a general blogging hiatus for a few weeks, but it depends on where I am with my various projects.

Speaking of which... EVFiL is still alive. The early news date for the earliest two markets is October 15th, so I'm not expecting to hear anything before than. JANE DOE is in-progress, but I'm a bit behind because of the cold that knocked me out earlier this week. If you're a beta-reader waiting to get the first chapters they are coming soon. :o)

What's your random?

10 comments:

  1. Aw, congrats. Baby girls are sweet. so glad you aren't on bed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you and baby are both doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fabulous about you and little girl Brooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on you and baby being healthy, and hopefully they won't draw to much more blood. That's sweet your expecting a girl, she's due around the time mine should be here (mid February).

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGE congrats! :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratu;ations...I have four girls. Well my youngest is in heaven. Watch that blood stuff the doctors put my wife on meds because of her blood and a while later she started getting sick. It was not till she got out of the hospital that I asked her if she had read the side effects for the drug. She hadn't. All the symptons she had were the same as the side effects. She quit taking the meds and three days later was feeling better. She started taking some alternitive iron and her blood count went back up and now she feels great. I have to wonder how many people are sick simply from the meds they take. Anyhow, again congrats.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rich - I just take iron pills and vitamin C from the store vitamin aisle. Nothing fancy, but as long as you don't mix it with calcium it gets the job done. I'll be careful though. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay but it was a scary expeprience for me. She said it was caused by a cholesterol medicine they gave her. Pray she is healthy when she gets here. I had all girls, but have six grand boys and one grand girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baby is active, so I'm hoping she's healthy. We'll see what the test results come back like. (I hate waiting)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratz!!! I've got two girls, and they're drama queens, but love em bunches. Glad you're goth ok!!

    ReplyDelete