#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nit Picking

Nit Picking (v) - To go through with a fine tooth comb, to clean...

Or - to pick nits (lice eggs) out of hair.

>.<

I'm supposed to finish this section of Twisted Metal and end editing on March 27th. But instead of editing today, I'm nit picking. Eldest came home from school for a week of summer break with a fabulous case of lice courtesy of the first grade.

So I'm going to go nit pick, drown my child's head in tea tree oil, and maybe tomorrow will be better. If you don't see me around the blogosphere, you know where I'm at.

3 comments:

  1. What is it about first grade and lice? I don't think any parent has escaped it. What I hated most about it (even over having to wash everything I could) was sealing away my daughter's stuffed animal collection and hearing her pleading for them back every night. At least I was able to wash her favorite so she could get to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. My son had them twice a couple years ago. He still gets paranoid about any itch on this scalp and makes me check. Makes me itch just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First grade is just a gathering place for chaos. I've been washing piles of sheets and more hair than Rapunzel all day >.<

    I think it's under control. We have tea tree oil on everything moving thing in the house. If I could find the mouse that lives by the garage he'd get a bath in the Rid shampoo and a dip in tea tree oil too.

    It's now 10pm, kids are asleep and I'm still washing laundry. I guess I can be thankful that I have a mechanical laundry machine and don't have to do all of that by hand.

    *goes off to take her frustration out on characters*

    ReplyDelete