#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Friday, February 5, 2010

TGIF!

Random Rainy Day Thought: Baby, it's cold outside! I love the rain, I love it better when it isn't cold and there are flowers to look at.


Random Problem With Moving: I haven't changed my phone number right, so I get random phone calls from polling lists asking me about "local issues". Um, 'scuse me? What Local Initiative 124? I have no clue what you're talking about! What state are you calling from?

Sad to say, this wouldn't get fixed by getting a local number. I live in an unincorporated area (read: the boondocks) and the local numbers are all for the nearest city thirty miles away. One of these days I will live in a real city. Maybe. If I have to.

Random Bright Spot of the Day: IT'S FRIDAY!!!! I've been looking forward to Friday all week long. All week! Friday is wonderful! After school, the kids go play with friends for a few hours, we have a nice family dinner, and then the kids go to bed and I cuddle up with DH to watch a movie.

This week, Jude Law takes his shirt off. I'll let you guess the movie. ;o)

Anything has to be better than last week's depressing Pirates of the Caribbean. Seriously, they killed Orlando Bloom? There has to be a law against that!


Random Caribbean Fun: My old college roommate called me up yesterday to see if I wanted to go to the Bahamas with her in April. YAY!!!

For three weeks. Oh.

The reality of my life is that I am a full-time Mom. I can not take three week vacations. As much as I would love to go chill on white sand beaches with my best college bud, my kids need me. My husband needs me. And, honestly, I'd probably go crazy being away from my family for that long.

She's going to Hawaii for a long weekend in August. I must say, I'm seriously tempted to let her take me along. Four days is way different than three weeks. Surely the children could survive four days without me. Right? Right?

I'm not sure DH would agree.

I guess I better start writing like the love child of JKR, Stephen King, and Stephanie Meyer (kinky!) so I can afford to take a family of five for a three week vacation. Or, rob a bank. That might be easier...

So...What's your random?

5 comments:

  1. Three weeks? I don't have kids yet and STILL couldn't take that long off work. I hope you get to go to Hawaii instead!

    My "random bright spot of the day" is the same as yours. TGIF. Now if only it would stop being rainy and cold...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna- My friend is in a unique situation. She isn't married, doesn't have kids, and works freelance as a web monkey. She's able to work from vacation and travel. In the past, she hasn't. I think she's trying to make up for it this year. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids and DH can survive four days without you although they may tell you it felt like three weeks. :)

    Seriously, you also need a break once in a while. If DH can't look after the kids for the entire four days because of his job maybe it's time for some relatives to have the kids over for a long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Start planning for Hawai'i YESTERDAY! LOL. You deserve it. Who can take off three weeks, anyway? That's ALL my vacay time for the YEAR!

    Random, I am craving a huge catfish plate with macncheese. Going to get some now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I need to rob a bank too. Let's start planning.... :0)

    ReplyDelete