#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Friday, January 8, 2010

Time Crunch


I'm in a bit of a time crunch here. And is that really any surprise? Have you ever done the math to see how much time you need to get everything you're expected to do done?


Start with all the sleep you need to be healthy - 8 hours

Add time in the gym to make your body fabulous - 3 hours

Add time for commuting daily - 2 hours

Cleaning house - 3 hours to make it sparkle

Laundry - 2 hours

Cooking meals - 4 hours (including time to eat)

Work/chasing children/going to class - 8 hours


... I think we've hit the 24 hours mark already but we can't stop there! Oh no! There's so much more to do!

Personal grooming including shower and make up - 1 hour

Charity work - 1 hour

Reading to children - 1 hour

Spending time with your SO - 2 hours

Phoning home - 1 hour

Catching up on world news and politics - 2 hours

Blog reading - 2 hours

Reading the latest NYT bestseller - 4 hours

Writing the next bestselling novel - 5 hours



And the list goes on....

Sure, you can probably multitask. You can feed the baby while you cook dinner and read and listen to mom talk about her cat's new toy. You can try to TXT and read blogs on your phone while you commute (if you aren't driving). You can set the washing machine to do laundry while you go and boy groceries.

But it all adds up.

I'm not sure if it's the cold weather slowing me down or if I'm just a wee bit over committed at the moment, but blogging is not hitting any priority hot spots.

Blog posts will appear regular 3 days a week for the foreseeable future rather than the 5 posts a week I was doing.

I am trying to read blogs and follow other writer's careers as much as possible. I'm lurking though. So don't be disheartened if I haven't commented or joined in the fun contests you're offering right now. I'm there for moral support, and probably reading while I'm on the phone organizing the social roster for the ballet class. >.<


As always, if you have science, writing, or sci-fi questions you need an answer for, send me an e-mail! Liana (dot) brooks1 (at) gmail (dot) com -or- hit the e-mail tab on the top row. :o)



So.... what's your random?

1 comment:

  1. Until recently, I used to try and squeeze all my hobbies into the free time I have left in the day. Now, I do what I feel like doing, and manage to feel as though I spend heaps of time on my hobbies. Yay!

    ReplyDelete