#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Monday, May 5, 2008

High Aspirations

Everyone has one. Tucked in a journal, scribbled on a napkin, kidden at the bottom of their sock drawer is the list of things they want to do. The list of things that they look back on when they're done rushing around and say, "Yeah, I did that." The list of things the young feel they need to accomplish to be accomplished, happy, and perfectlty them-selves.

Here's mine...

Things to do before I turn 100:
1) Raise intelligent, respectful, self-motivated, children who can make the world a better place

2) Make enough from writing or teaching or being a fantastic scientist in a think-tank (dreamy sigh here) to support all my elderly relatives, pay of my siblings student loans, get my own kids through their Ph.D.'s and start a scholarship fund for single-parents/young families in school.

3) Get to the point that anyone who has ever met me has something nice to say about me, that I can cook, or keep a nice garden, or I'm a nice person... I want to lead a life where I don't hurt anyone.

What do you want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment