#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

700 Year Gap

The distinct problem with sci-fi is that there isn't a common reference point you can use for simple world building.

If I say, "New York, 1910" most Americans at least will have a picture of what the city might have looked like.

If I say, "New York" they'll probably think of NY today.

But if I say, "Alpha-zed 5" the reader will stare at my blankly and wonder if I've lost my mind.

Which means I'm trying to sneak description into chapters that I think are already running overlong.

And I have a cold/allergy attack/something and my head is stuffy and flighty beyond all reason. I love days like this. I can't spell but I can stare at the computer for hours trying to remember what I am supposed to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment