#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Origin Story of Sheri Velarde (a guest post)

So often I am asked why I decided to become an author. The answer is I didn’t. Being an author just sort of happened. It started off by a deep love of reading. Like a deep love. Reading is and has been since I was a child one of my favorite things in the world to do. From there I started concocting my own stories in my head. Even as a kid I had a very active imagination and made up my own stories. Some were continuations of my favorite books, fanfiction I suppose before I even knew that it existed. Then in grade school we were asked to write and illustrate a short story. Game over from then on out. 

I started writing my own stories then. Mostly just for myself or for friends. This continued forever, writing stories to just give my imagination some time to fly. 

I was in my early thirties before I ever even thought about trying to publish on of my stories. I had mentioned to a new friend that I wrote stories and she begged to read some. I said okay and gave her a couple paranormal romances that I had written since I knew that was what she liked to read. She loved my stories. Loved them. She encouraged me to submit and I took the plunge. Both were picked up by two separate publishers. I was floored. 

After that I submitted a few more pieces and they got published too. Suddenly I was a published author and was not even sure how I got there. That was about four years ago. I am still writing every day. I have since published multiple stories and continue to have a career as an author. All because of a love for reading and imagination, and a good friend who gave me a gentle nudge in the right direction.

Sheri's latest book is LUST, SEX, and TATTOOS 

Karen is a woman looking to make a new beginning after breaking away from an abusive past. Her
first stop is a tattoo shop, to show herself that she is no longer afraid to live her life the way she sees fit and to mark her freedom with a permanent reminder to never go back. When she catches sight of her tattoo artist, Ben, well she suddenly has things other than ink on her mind.

Ben is wild, free and uninhibited, everything that she wants to be and more. Soon she is left alone with the man that embodies her dreams and sparks begin to fly. It's safe to say that she gets way more than she bargained for when she originally stepped into his shop, as Ben helps her unleash her wild child and truly begin her life again. One wild night can truly change a woman forever.

Short Excerpt:
With measured steps to try to hide her nerves, Karen followed him through the curtains and down a hall lined with tattooing rooms. She could hear the needles more clearly now and for a moment she thought of running from the shop just to escape that unnerving sound. Taking a deep breath, she continued on, knowing she could, and would do this, to prove something to herself if nothing else. Ben's tattoo room was in the very back and away from the others who were working. She stepped in and he closed the door behind them. She was completely alone with the most alluring man she had ever met. She gulped. This was definitely going to be an interesting night.
Ben motioned for her to take a seat on the tattoo chair as he sat down on a rolling stool. "Hop on up and take your shirt off for me and lay on your side, facing me."



ABOUT SHERI: Sheri Velarde, lives in New Mexico with her husband and their two dogs.
Being an avid reader since an early age, she has wanted to be a writer for as long as she can remember. She has been writing all her life, but only recently started to actually try to pursue her dream of writing for a living. She specializes in all things paranormal and that go bump in the night. Her heart truly lies in exploring unknown worlds or adding the supernatural to our world. If it goes bump in the night or has magical connotations, Sheri writes about it.

She is constantly putting out new material with various publishers, so it is best to keep up with her on her website www.sherivelarde.weebly.com.

In her spare time Sheri is an artist, jewelry designer, independent comic writer/artist and freelance non-fiction writer. Hiking in the mountains, going to live concerts, art openings, museums, and hosting intimate dinner parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment