#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!


Welcome to 2016!

Last year was insane, by every definition of the word. January 1st, 2015, we moved to Alaska.

In the first five months of 2015 I published a book a month; the results of spending all of 2014 writing. I ended the year with three novel-length publications (The Day Before, Convergence Point, and Even Villains Play The Hero).

I spent half the year in an ankle brace, benched and out of the gym because of injuries. And I'm still working on recovering from that.

Usually I make my yearly goals in August around my birthday, but somehow I missed The Dreaded Birthday Post. Something about edits and rewrites and a very angry editor? We shan't discuss it. It was a very upsetting time for everyone. Terrible. Absolutely terrible. Many red pens were sacrificed to make the draft a book.

So... what are my plans for 2016?

Time & Shadows Book 3 is coming out in later summer/early autumn.

Heroes and Villains 4 is coming out in later autumn/early winter.

There's a short story anthology from the Darkness and Good blog that should come out in the spring.

... it seems like a lean spring and summer, doesn't it? I'll have to find you some good short stories or novellas to put out to tide you over.

For personal goals, I'm going to try to get back to working out regularly, plant a garden so I can have veggies at every meal, and I'm working overall on my self-discipline and focus. Getting sidelined by an injury put me in Super Slacker Mode. It was so easy to NOT do things. To not eat healthy, to not work out, to not write daily... and with no one here to hold me accountable but myself?

Let's just say that I am not the world's most inspirational boss.

2016 is the year I work on my work ethic and focus on getting myself back to healthy.

What are your plans for the year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment