#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Brace Yourself For The Sampler...

Sometime later this year a very awkward thing is going to happen. The first chapter, and only the first chapter, of THE DAY BEFORE will appear in ONWARD VOYAGER with first chapters from Chuck Wendig, David Wellington, Kelley Grant, and a bunch of other people who are way cooler than me.

A sampler is like a magazine full of only advertisements. It's a shopper's guide for books. There's multiple authors and the first chapter of their recent book. If you like the first chapter maybe you'll go buy it, but probably not.

My experience with samplers had only been as a reader. I hated it. The sampler was advertised as a set of short stories and I thought I was buying an anthology. Instead I had the first chapter and a half of six different books. It was frustrating, upsetting, and I didn't go buy the books after.

So, to alleviate this pain and suffering, I want you to know up front THIS IS A SAMPLER. It has first chapters and probably buy links, but nothing more. You could get the same thing by downloading the first chapters of the books listed as samples on your ereader. This is just tidier.

I won't be promoting the sampler on my website. It'll be available anywhere you buy books and if some of these authors sound cool you might want to download it. The book will be free, but again, if you're looking for a book to read cover to cover this isn't the book you're looking for.

Okay? We good? Is everyone on the same page with what this is? Good. Go on and enjoy the rest of your day.
- Liana

No comments:

Post a Comment