But yearly resolutions don't need to be made on in January. so I'm going to make some today and we'll see how it goes.
2) Make a to-do list every night before bed... to reduce stress and to keep me on track
3) Hit all my deadlines... because if I don't my editor will hit me
4) Take opportunities to explore and grow... I have a tendency to play it safe and I want to push myself out of my comfort zone this year. If I have a promotional or life-experience opportunity come up I will not make excuses, I will go do the crazy thing
5) Take care of my physical and mental health ... I can push myself until I break, but I hate being broken so I'm going to stop doing that and try to be realistic about what I can and cannot do
6) Find joy in the moment... I'm not always going to be in my happy place (a tropical beach with unlimited funds and perfect health) so I'm going to find happiness in the imperfections and imperfect moments
I'm not sure all of these qualify as SMART goals. It's hard to measure finding joy or set a time limit of taking care of physical and mental health. I could set goals for date nights and weekly workouts, but those fluctuate. There's some hurdles between me and regular gym attendance. To be honest, there's hurdles between me and sanity too, but I'm working on jumping them. Sometimes you have to work with the limitations you have before you can move beyond them.
2015 promises to be a crazy, crazy ride. All the things I was busy doing behind the scenes last year are hitting the stage this year. Books are hitting the shelves, virtual and physical, and new books will be going to my editors mid-year for publication this winter or this time next year.
Thank you for sticking with through the quiet years. Thank you for supporting me through the crazy years. You really are the best readers and friends in the world.