#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The NaNoWriMo Question


No! Don't panic! It's not November yet. It's okay. Take a deep breath. Sit down. Relax.

Let's talk books.

Every year there is an event called National Novel Writing Month, and it's international and 50,000 words really isn't a novel. But that's beside the point. The point is: it's a month to write your book!!!

It is possible to write the first draft of a novel in 30 days. This won't be a one-draft-and-published paper like you did in school, but it will be the start of a novel you can edit. And this prospect seems daunting to many. I was dragged in, kicking and screaming, several years ago and I loved it!

I think writing the book in a month is the best way to write a rough draft.

So, to help you (and myself) out for the month of NaNo, send me any questions you have about plotting a novel, writing a novel, or successfully tackling NaNoWriMo. I'll work on answering them and putting them on the blog in mid-October so you have everything you need to finish your first, or fiftieth, or five hundredth novel this November.

2 comments:

  1. Doing NaNoWriMo years ago was what helped teach me I could actually complete a novel. Now, all those NaNoWriMo novels didn't go anywhere, but before NaNoWriMo, I never did anything more than short stories because I just kept second guessing myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think JANE was done NaNo-style in February of some year or another. For whatever reason, my brain has decided that the shortest month of the year is the PERFECT time to write a 75,000 word novel. :P

      It worked out all right in the end. :)

      Delete