#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Friday, May 3, 2013

Youthful Hijinks

Let's end the week on a high note. How about a snippet from LADY OF THE LAKE?

He stopped walking. "Where are we going?"

"We? Nowhere. I'm walking away. There's a hotel somewhere nearby where I can pass the night."

"Why not return to Camelot?"

"Because I'm tired?" I dropped the glamor that kept me looking winsome at this misbegot hour. My hair fell in muddy black corkscrews over the ripped dress. "I cannae use magic powerful enough to move meself between worlds again tonight. I'm not sure I could survive." I held up my hands in defeat. "If ye want me dead this is the time to attack."

"Will ye tell me where Excalibur is?"

"Nay."

"Then I cannae let you alone for a dark mage to find. And I will not strike at ye in cold blood." His lips quirked into a thoughtful grimace. "There is a third option, if ye trust me."

"I trust ye as far as I can throw ye, knight."

"Ye've thrown me between worlds at least once."

I snorted. "Youthful hijinks. That was centuries ago."

"Still." He held out a hand. "Let me take you home. To Camelot."

No comments:

Post a Comment