#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Monday, May 21, 2012

A Busy Week Ahead

I finished FEY LIGHT, the free short story for the SFR Brigade's MidSummer Blog Hop June 22nd last week, that means this week I'm working on EVERY HERO NEEDS A VILLAIN. I have a little over 8k there, and a full outline. I'm hoping to hit 15-20k this week. Ideally, I'll finish the first draft of EHNAV before summer break starts on June 1st.

All of these things come with a couple of warnings. First and foremost, once summer starts the blog will be moving to summer hours until September. That means 2-3 blog posts and week and infrequent guest posts by people who wander by. I figure no one has free time once the weather is warm, and I apologize to my Australian lovelies who are spiraling down into winter. You have my complete sympathy. You can also have use of my guestroom if you need to escape the cold.

Second, FEY LIGHTS might have a title change, it's almost in novella territory, and it's going to be about as graphic a romance as anything Louis McMaster Bujold ever wrote. In other words, please don't pick this story up expecting nookie and erotica. That's not what I write. If that's what you want to read please stop by the SFR Brigade Library (which I will get updated this week - remind me!). The SFR Brigade authors offer everything from sweet romance (what I write) to heavy erotica and kinks of every kind. Keep reading until you find the flavor you like.

Third, March of Dimes is the charity for EVERY HERO NEEDS A VILLAIN for a reason. There are scenes in here that are exceptionally difficult to write. The story just isn't as goofy and over-the-top as EVEN VILLAINS FALL IN LOVE. I don't know if you as readers will love it or hate it. I hope you love it, but it's only fair to warn you now, this book is an emotional roller coaster ride. Read at your own risk.... once it comes out. Hopefully I can get it to the editor by July-ish.

Send me good writing vibes. If I can hit 4k a day I can wrap EHNAV this week and have it edited by mid-June. I hope. *knock on wood* If I get too optimistic my computer will die, a hurricane will hit, and my house will burn down just to remind me why it's called a Deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment