#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Literary Piracy

Author Tobias Buckell (who I freely admit is not an author I know) has an excellent essay on internet piracy of books.

I like how he breaks it down, looks at some assumptions, and looks at the data.

As an aspiring debut author I'm watching saga unfold with trepidation. By the time I'm ready to publish, where will the book industry be? It's nerve-shattering to say the least.

My take on it is this... If you want to see Book 2 in the series, buy the books. Those sales equal new contracts for your favorite author.

If you don't care if the next book ever comes out, buy the used-book or pirate the PDF. If you can sleep easy after killing someone's career, by all means, do so.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment