#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Oh-So-Typical Friday

It's Friday morning, thick gray clouds hang in the air full of promise, and all I want to do is sleep. From the back of the house I hear the siren song of my pillow. Come to sleep, it sings, come rest...

Betwixt me and my dreams is a one-year-old full of energy and in sudden possession of a permanent marker!

o.0

What? Wait... where did he get that? I have a strict "no writing implements for children" rule in affect since The Wall Incident last year.

So...random stats for the week....


Number of states I visited this week: I think it's 3...

Number of words I've written: 437.... yeah, it's been a bad writing week.

Number of short stories submitted: 4... go me! I need one more for my yearly goal of six. :o)

Number of miles driven with screaming kids: Close to 1000 by the end of the week.

Number of car accidents this week: 1 - and it wasn't my fault! This impresses me. I hate driving. I especially hate city driving. So when the car went crunch and I realized it was someone trying to merge into the space where my car was parked in a major traffic jam I was thrilled it wasn't my fault!

Also, since it was a traffic jam and they were rubber-necking another accident it was a very low-speed, low-impact crunch and all we lost was some easily replaceable paint. I'm cool with that. My car is six years old and has over 130k miles on the odometer.


Quote of the Week: "He's not the brightest crayon int he box, even if all the other crayons are black." -- I love when my husband has a bad day at work, he comes home with the best stories.

1 comment:

  1. I know you didn't write much, but it still sounds like a productive week.

    ReplyDelete