#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Random

Random Viral Video of the Week: Website Story, a modern spoof of West Side Story - I don't have the embed code so go HERE.



Random Writing This Week: I started working on AWE and this morning was mugged by my favorite vampire in a fedora, complete with cyborg boss and semi-retired detective. Time of Death is one of those crazy ideas that I adore, but that may never make it to print. Noir sci-fi? Cyborg detectives who never smile? Vampires in space???

My hands are twitching to grab the book and go read. What a pity I need to write the blasted thing first. I'll let you know how it goes. ToD was slotted for writing in the spring during edits of AWE, in the optimistic mind set that UDS would be querying at that point. We shall see...


Random Fun Fact of the Week: Why do I love all the Improv Everywhere and random College Humor videos? Well, I'll confess, I was an improv troupe for two years in college and loved it! Getting up in front of strange people and acting funny doesn't bother me at all, as long as I do it on purpose. If you've never tried improv see if you can find a local act to check out and maybe join, it's a ton of fun!


Random Birthday of the Week:
DH turned 28 on Wednesday, and has had two cakes so far! We like cakes.


Random Question of the Week:
What's the best plot twist ever? Snape killing Dumboldore? The Dread Pirate Roberts turning out to be Wesley? Something else entirely?




Come on..... what's your random?

3 comments:

  1. Someone said the comments weren't working... testing: 1, 2, 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, while it's not one of the best twists EVAR and not a book, I did adore the twist in the game Knights of the Old Republic (first one) where, halfway through, you find out you ARE the mastermind dark lord who has initiated the total galactic war, defeated the Madolorians, set up Malak on his course of destruction on the Jedi, etc. You ARE Darth Revan.

    That... was just so freaking COOL when I first played it.

    Books... I dunno. I love "An Incident at Owl Creek Bridge" by Ambrose Bierce--I completely didn't see it coming when I first read it. That's a short story, though. I actually can think of a lot more short stories that have wonderful twists/revelations...

    :P

    ~Merc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for writing!

    Best plot twist (to me) is that Raederle's people are the ones that kept trying to kill Morgan along with Deth. (Riddle-Master)

    ReplyDelete