#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Monday, May 4, 2009

Just a thought...

I really do worry about our criminal population some days.

Like this guy, who stole $40 million worth of fuel and was paid $50,000. And is now looking at 5 years in prison.

Listen, if you are going to commit a crime at least make sure it's going to pay for itself. $50,000 is peanuts! It's 0.125% of the actual worth of the stuff he stole.

You realize that if I wrote that kind of character in a book my beta-readers would laugh me straight back to the drawing board... sad.

3 comments:

  1. They say that real life is stranger than fiction. I'd also say it's rife with cliches, adverbs, and some really stupid characters.

    *cocks her black tinted lenses*

    ReplyDelete
  2. criminals can be extremely stupid. except when they're not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My history teacher said that real life sounds like it would make a perfect novel, because everyone is so full of idiosyncracies, but novel-readers don't like anything but clear-cut characters.

    -sighs-

    lol

    ReplyDelete