#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Who Said That?

Tabitha said...
I would say focus on the story that means the most to you. The one you're truly passionate about. Chances are, it'll be the one that comes across the most clear and vivid to editors and agents. :)


I asked for advice earlier and several people mentioned something similar to Tabitha: Pick my favorite story.

But picking my favorite story is liking choosing a favorite child. I don't have a favorite. I have entire universes I love playing in and a character to fit every mood and and and...

Well, I have a serious Mommy Complex is what I have. Picking a favorite child is a serious No-No. Trying to pick a favorite story.... I love Ice. But I'm not sure it's the best debut or the strongest written piece ever.

Bryson makes me laugh. I enjoy just reading that.

Penumbra is the book most like me: pirates, single-parenting (which I'm not doing since DH got home from overseas), and whiny people who need attention (sad to say I still have those).

Ghost is the one that needs the most work, has had the most work, and that I still love. But the word count is massive and there are plot threas all over the place.

It's hard to choose.

I'll think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Leiah! This comment isn't about this post, but it is about the yoga website you have a link to. Thank you SO much!! I have been looking for a yoga site, and this one was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love that site! Free yoga is a happy thing :)

    ReplyDelete