#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Monday, March 24, 2008

Even Writers Need a Workout

Writing is not (usually) a labor intensive job that builds muscles and burns fat. I wish it were, but it isn't. Unless you're reasearching hiking in the Andes or marathon running chances are good that the average writer is not burning away fat to get trim and healthy while writing the next Great American Novel ( or even the next published novel).

For me this is an issue. I have two active kids, and active husband, and I need to be able to keep up when they pull me away for family fun activities like racing around the block, hiking, swimming, ect. Gym memberships are expensive, moreso because the nearest gym is not close and gas is expensive. Biking is not an option and walking has limited appeal as summer approaches and evening temps soar over 90 degree F. Working out at home with videos also gets dull....

But! There is hope! I found a daily set of yoga classes online for free. I tried one this morning and was able to finish half of it before my 2-yr old decided I looked like a jungle gym doing standing poses. Still, 30 minutes is better than 0. I'm not sure how I'll like it but I've signed up to get e-mailed the daily classes. Who knows, I may have finally found something that works.

I wonder if they have a pilates version.....

No comments:

Post a Comment