#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Monday, November 10, 2014

NaNo Craziness Abounds

How's November treating you?

I'm (obviously from the lack of blog posts) a little busy. The good news is: Even Villains Have Interns is just about put to bed and I should have cover art soon. *fingers crossed*

The bad news is: JANE 2 is not going as fast as I was hoping.

It's not a bad thing, per se. Rough drafts are tricky things at times and if going a little slower means not having as many editing SNAFUS than yay! But it means I probably won't finish the whole 80,000 word rough draft this month. That was a pipe dream any way and right now I'd happily settle for the 50,000 words from NaNo and finish the manuscript in December. I've never written 80k in a month so why I thought I'd do it this month while prepping for a move I don't know.

.... okay. I do know. I wanted to write 80k this month because it would make my life so much easier if I could spit out 5,000 words a day without feeling like the words were horrible or the draft dead or shooting myself from stress.

There are authors who do that. Five thousand words or more, rain or shine, in sickness and in health, on holidays or on vacation. I admire and respect those people but I have no idea how they get it done. I imagine they have a better method for plotting their books than I do.

But, where there's a will there's a way. The book will get written. And edited. And edited again. And edited fifty more times after that. Edits are what make a rough draft a finished novel worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment