#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Depression and the Changing Season

You've probably guessed this already, but I'm not a big fan of autumn and winter. They are cold, dead seasons and my views of cold are not fit for polite society. To say I hate cold is to miss a perfectly good opportunity to say I utterly loathe temperatures below 70 Fahrenheit.

As the seasons change, the leaves fall, and the inevitable gloom of winter settles over me like a wet, cold blanket. Cold winter light reflecting off frost crystals only accentuates the depression.

When I step back from all the things troubling me they really are Silly Little Things. Childhood dreams that didn't quite become reality...From a distance this is OK. When I wake up in the middle of shattered dreams though, all I see are distorted reflections of myself.

I want to hide under my blankets until spring when the weather isn't so dreary.

*sigh*

What do you do when the weather pushes your mood into the gloom of depression? Give me some tips and tricks for surviving the Winter Blues!

- Liana (who is hiding under her blanket right now and scheduled this post in advance)

1 comment:

  1. I put on my favourite cheerful music, grab some comfort food and curl up with a book. Preferably one that makes me laugh.

    Now, if it's November and December, then I try to do something Christmas related - bake, make decorations/gifts, wrap gifts, while playing and singing along to Christmas songs. It's hard to make me depressed leading up to Christmas.

    Of course, if it's snowing then I don't find the day gloomy at all. I'm one of those crazy people who like snowfalls.

    ReplyDelete