#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Monday, November 21, 2011

Gratitude

Gratuitous shark photo!!!

Ignore the shark. He has nothing to do with this post or the holidays. I just like sharks. Sometimes, that's all the excuse I need.

The real news is that I'm taking a week away from the blog to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday. The Canadians celebrated a month or so ago, now it's the USA's turn. We have very few holidays that don't involve presents or fireworks, and this is one of them. Thanksgiving is a holiday all about food, gratitude, and spending time with loved ones.

My husband and I have an Open Door policy for Thanksgiving, we always have. Since our first Thanksgiving together shortly after we became engaged in college we've welcomed whoever shows up on the doorstep with food and good cheer. It's resulted in day long feasts with a revolving cast of college students, afternoon invasions of soldiers from a local army base who wanted to eat something homemade, and surprise visits from relatives we didn't know were coming. I enjoy the element of surprise.

I'm grateful, even, for a chance to fill the house with friends and strangers. To laugh. To share good food and stories with friends.

The past few months have been exceptionally hectic. I've been editing and writing at a mad clip while unpacking and helping the family settle into our new home. The moments of quiet have been few and far between.

But for this week? This week I am grateful for my free time. The blog will be quiet while I cook and spend time with my family. If you're in the area, stop by for dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Liana

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delightful and very Thanksgiving. I think a house full of revolving people is what this time of year is all about. Have a wonderful time and I will wait anixously to read what you have to say when you come back.

    ReplyDelete