#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Back! With a Winner!



ENTRY #1 - Annikka Woods said...

When I met my husband, the first thing I thought - at the conclusion of the gathering where I met him - was "What an asshole". My next thought was "Glad I don't have to deal with him anymore." 12 years of being together and nine years of marriage later, I'm proud to say I HAVE dealt with him, stayed with him, loved him, and still love him with all my heart.

ENTRY #2 - Ilnara Hesken said...

May 4th was our anniversary of 27 years. We've been together for 30 and first met 32 years ago.

We met when I transferred schools because our house burnt the day after Christmas. I actually met him through a new friend who took the bus at the same place I did. We met in the library and my first impression of him was "Wow, what a brown person". His hair was black, his eyes brown, skin tanned, and he was wearing all brown - shirt, jacket, and pants.

I couldn't think of two people who could be more opposite on first impressions. I was quiet, non-confrontational, and near the top of my academic class. He was loud, opinionated, loved to argue, and in the middle ranks of the general class. I have since found out that he is more intelligent than anyone gave him credit for.

My initial reaction to him was confused. I felt drawn to him yet repulsed by his love of arguing and strong opinions. He has never been what anyone would consider handsome yet I found his looks to be striking.

It was years before I found out that he had asked our mutual friend to introduce us because he wanted to meet me. He had already decided that he wanted to marry me. :)

Oh, and just because it's a fun fact, his birthday is May 13th. LOL

ENTRY #3 - dldzioba said...

Way back when I was fresh out of high school I caved and let my brother take me to his weekly table-top role playing game. I'd been a gamer but not table-top.
We went to his friend William's house and I was introduced to the group. I knew three of them, then my brother introduced Bob, the DM, I said hi. And then William came back in and Alex introduced us.
William was, at the time, was probably the best example of nerd I'd ever met. Coke bottle glasses, over weight, socially awkward. For some reason this mad me terrified of him.
It took over a year for me to really warm up to him. Two more for me to even notice that he had the slightest interest in me. But we've been together for two years now and it's highly likely we're gonna stay that way for years to come.



All three are fabulous stories, and I think if I gave them longer to tell the stories they'd only get more interesting. I've been so torn over which I loved best that I actually pulled Dear Husband in as the judge.

THE WINNER
Ilnara Hesken!

Ilnara, send me an email with your mailing address and CORDELIA'S HONOR will be on it's way by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment