#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lessons Learned From NaNo

After four years of doing NaNoWriMo I've learned a few things:

1- I actually can write. I was looking through past NaNo projects as I tried to revive myself for the End of November Slump, and I realized that it wasn't all bad. There's been definite improvement over the years.

2- I can't spell. Trust me on this one. Spell check is my friend.

3- I can be pretty funny. At least I think I'm funny. Is it bad to laugh at your own jokes.

4- I can't get past chapter three without killing someone. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

5- The wild ideas are the best. I get bogged down in the little details, every door opening, every event of the day from finding dead bodies to brushing teeth accounted for. That makes for terrible reading. The best scenes are the ones with no teeth brushing, and a lot of wild creativity let loose.

6- The Traveling Shovel of Death wins every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment