#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Homework for Today

The opening chapter of UDS is under the microscope and giving me fits.

On the advice of a friend I'm analyzing opening chapters. Yes, I know, I did that the other week. I'm doing it again. Reading a good opening, scribbling ideas for my opening. Reading - scribbling - reading - scribbling....

I'm going to set my hair on fire any moment now.

Throw some ideas at me people!

What would work?

How could the chapter open?
· Kit working out
· Kit in the boardroom
· Kit and Edward arguing
· Khal playing cards
· Kit and Beka talking
· Explosion
· Knives being drawn
· Song
· T-E’s dinner proposal
· Someone sinister lurking
· Eyeballs floating in a jar
· Gens meeting
· Flowers on a desk

7 comments:

  1. Knives being drawn or explosions are the only options that interest me from the list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with merc. you want to start in the middle of something exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about, Kit working out next to a jar of eyeballs. She sees a person lurking outside the window and suddenly there's an explosion outside, and the lurking man slams himself through her window, coming at her with a huge knife...

    Did that help?;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see votes for explosions. I can do explosions!

    Coffeelvnmom - That's actual a plausible scenario for this book. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's plausible huh? Wow. I'm good. (And well, you're good too! LOL!) Maybe it's because we have the same last name. We're just...good.;)

    ReplyDelete