#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Why I Write

Writing is a cop-out. An excuse to live perpetually in fantasy land, where you can create, direct and watch the products of your own head. Very selfish.

So that's why I write! I always wondered.

I prefer to read for escapism too. A trait that has won the enmity of the more literary minded of my acquaintances. What can I say? I have enough Real Life of my own, I don't need to read about someone else's!


Okay, I lie, there are some people's Real Lives I like following. Like this mission to Blow Up the Moon!



Why Do You Write?

3 comments:

  1. I write because I have more fun with my imaginary friends in my imaginary world than I do in my real life--this despite people telling me what an interesting life I've led. I'm an introvert and a control freak. I think that makes me the perfect writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write because the voices tell me too. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's quite escapism - though I know that's the reason why I used to read. <- I just read for pleasure now.

    I think it has a lot to do with a need to create something wonderful.

    Not to be irreverent, but when you write, you get to play God. It's the same feeling I get when I do arts/crafts.

    It's the look of a finished book in your hands, and knowing it is yours.

    It's reading about people you created and the situations you put them in - as well as the fact that you can create worlds where you make the rules.

    I also write for bragging rights. :P

    ReplyDelete